Knowledge is power. This is most relevant in our career life when preparing for an upcoming interview. It helps with understanding both the company and the reason why we are applying for the position. “Always do your best. What you plant now, you will harvest later.” – Og Mandino. An in-depth research analysis will pay dividends in both respects. It can assist with increasing confidence and acing that all important interview. It can also provide improved self-understanding, and if this position is a good-fit. There are many sources that can help including professionals in the desired field or a recruitment agency.
Some techniques that can help improving our knowledge include:
- Fully understand the job profile description. Identify areas that match our resume and prepare situational examples on these areas ahead of the interview.
- Research similar job advertisements. This can provide useful insights and even provide useful suggestions that can be offered during the interview.
- Research the company. Useful resources include: their website and LinkedIn and social media accounts. Additionally, research if they have affiliated businesses and partners.
- Research past and upcoming projects that the organisation was or is involved in.
- Research their competitors. This can be useful knowledge in that it may provide some useful improvement strategies for the company during the interview.
- Research courses that complement our current skills. This can show the interview panel that we are interested and willing to improve our current skills.
- Explore possible interview questions that will be relevant to the position. Preparation in this area can expand one-line answers to a more interesting conversation on the day.
- Seek advice. Experts in similar fields can provide nuggets of knowledge, including a recruitment agency, professional member, lecturer, etc.
Information, when used wisely, can give unlimited knowledge that can significantly improve the interview process. Ultimately, a good interviewer will look beyond the curriculum vitae. Contact 3Q Perms & Temps Recruitment Agency today if you are looking to secure an interview in any sector that we currently work with, telephone 01 8763335 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
#InterviewTechniques #Knowledge #Research #RecruitmentAgency