Tips to Prepare for a Job Interview
Preparation is essential to improving any application for a new job interview. It will certainly increase chances to make a good impression. We have listed some tips to help prepare for succeeding in getting a call for an interview.
- 1. Research the company. Know who they are and what they do, and other relevant information to the job required for the interview.
- 2. Review the details of the CV, including; dates, achievements, etc. which can enable a more confident approach when talking about previous experience.
- 3. Practice a pre-interview rehearsal with family or a supportive friend. This can provide useful insights into personal behaviour, answers and body language.
- 4. Dress smart. It can help to dress similar or slightly better than existing employees.
- 5. Arrive at the car-park 30 minutes prior to the interview time. This will allow time to re-read any research notes and the CV. It can also provide an ideal opportunity to settle any last minute nerves and ensure a timely arrival.
- 6. Arrive 15 minutes early for the interview. This sends out a positive signal interest in the job. It can also provide a few moments to collect last minute thoughts.
- 7. Tips for the interview:
- – Give each interviewee a firm handshake, while greeting them with good eye contact.
- – Be honest and clear on all communications, during the interview.
- – Ask questions, if unsure at any stage of the conversation.
- – Show enthusiasm throughout the discussion.
- – Impress them with new-found knowledge on their organisation.
- – Assert a positive posture.
- – Have at least one closing question to ask the company about the job.
- – Thank the interviewees for the opportunity of the interview.
- – Follow up with the point of contact that arranged the interview, thanking them for the opportunity and express an interest in hearing more from the company.
- 8. Following the interview make a note of personal performance – evaluate strengths and weaknesses. This can help to improve future performance on job interviews.
Remember that good preparation is important to create a higher chance to positively impress the interviewees. Preparation can display motivation and interest for the job. This insight can increase the success rate of achieving the dream job.
For more tips, click here.